Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Art Making Process

















"I urge the audience to enjoy! Whatever they must do to get their kicks."
-Sylvie Fluery

"Above all else it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art."
-Felix Gonzalez-Torres

"In retrospect I can see my desire to create abstractions has become more and more radical. Art should not be delivering a report on reality, but should be looking at what's behind something."
-Andreas Gursky

"It all boils down to the desire to live forever. That's what art is all about."
-Damien Hirst

"Illusions as bad as mine make people aware of the fallacies of visual information and the pleasure to be derived from such fallacies."
-Vik Muniz

"Part of the idea is to get the audience to question their preconceived ideas about women, sex - things like that."
-Cindy Sherman

"Forcing things to relate that would probably otherwise be unrelated."
-Simon Starling

"My work is aimed at creating a world in which i wish to live."
-Wolfgang Tillmans

"The works that best achieve their objective [. . .] give us an aesthetic experience, they give us information, and they ask us to react."
-Alfredo Jaar

1 comment:

Abbey said...

this comment is in response to your Welcome to the Dollhouse post.
I LOVE THAT MOVIE.
I used to watch it all the time when I was younger and never really got the humor.