Sunday, May 17, 2009

suspender suits

Me when I'm 9I like suspender suits. I love swim suits in general. Here's the thing: I fucking used to have one! I know you can't tell from the pictures, I don't know why you can BARELY see it, but that was when I was like 8 or 9; I think at Kailua beach. I have sooo many suits. You need them in different styles depending on what you're doing. Beach suits are different than pool suits, and tanning suits, and jumping off cliffs suits, and most definetly cuzzin' suits or boating, skiing, and wakeboarding suits...or white water rafting suits and my racing suits. (when ya go cuzzin'...jacuzziiiiiii-iiiiiiiing) I just think it's weird that they are being re-released now to our age group. When I go to do any or all of those things I don't want to look hip, and I think suspender suits are hip. They were funny when I was 8, but it's like me wearing thrift store shirts of stuff I wore when I was 8 again, but for swim suits. Irony sells. They also kind of remind me of Borat, but I still secretly like them. I don't know, I just can't decide. It's cool to wear stuff from the '60s or '70s because I didn't experience those times. It's probably why my mom or my grandma just thinks it's funny when they see me wearing something they wore even though they would never where it again. Maybe I shouldn't wear things that I wore when I was 8. I wore overalls until I was like 17, and I kind of want to buy those trendy ones at Forever21 again, but maybe not. These are things I think about.

Volcom's version below is the cutest:
American Apparel's version is alright but kinda reminiscent of Lil' Kim.
 The one below is American Apparel too I think. It just looks like Borat and her camel toe is out of this world.

No comments: