Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cory Arcangel

First, what a cool name, Arcangel.....ARC ANGEL. Anyways I came across him specifically because I liked his sweater... but I think Wikipedia says it best: Cory Arcangel (born 1978) is a digital artist who lives and works in Brooklyn. His work is concerned with the relationship between technology and culture, and with media appropriation.

Cory's work was featured in the 2004 Whitney Biennial, and has also been exhibited in the Guggenheim Museum and MoMA. His work is in public collections including MoMA, the Whitney Museum of American Art, and Miami Art Museum.

myspace.com/coryarcangel
He does a lot with video, which would probably be easy just to Google, I just don't know how to get that ish on this site, cos I'm not that good....think Mario Brothers tho....


UPDATE: 03_18_09: This month's cover of Art Forum...

No comments: