Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tumblr

I am contemplating getting a Tumblr in addition to this blog, only because I find so many images on it (Tumblr) that have no source, link back, or credit! I hate adding images on here when I have no idea what they are and where they came from. The Tumblr world doesn't G-A-F about that s*#!

1. I wish I knew where this came from and by whom. BECAUSE it's hilarious! AND I want to make one! And... the text or writing accompanying it was probably also hilarious...
2. This looks like a gorgeous installation... Who's the artist? Are there more? Was there a series?
 
UPDATE: both yielded 0 results on Tineye.com :(
UPDATE II: tumblr

2 comments:

Kate Hutson said...

If the original file is intact, sometimes a TinEye Image Search will yield some clues as to where it came from. I do think there are a number of people on tumblr who care about image sourcing, myself included. I do what I can and make all reasonable attempts to find image sources, including using TinEye and Googling file names and keywords that describe the content of the image or anything that might bring up the original or clues (I consider myself an expert Googler) but sometimes, because the image has been passed so far and wide, it's nearly impossible. Most tumblrs have disclaimers stating that they are not the owners of the images they post and that they will gladly post credit where it is due if someone alerts them to it. I love tumblr! I recently made another blogspot, but I haven't decided what to do with it. I really need help building my website (I own katehutson.com), but I don't wanna pay and this book that I have to learn from is sooooo long and daunting. :/

Unknown said...

must.learn.tineye