Thursday, April 9, 2009

nikki farquharson + RGB

As I was reading this month's Missbehave, which they keep sending me, (and I didn't pay for!) I noticed some familiar art. I friended Nikki Farquharson on myspace my freshman year of college or something, but they're featuring her sweet art in the fashion spread this month. In addition, she has a website called Random Got Beautiful. I'm not really sure how I ran into her internet entity first, myspace or RGB?:

Nikki Farquharson began Random Got Beautiful in March 2007. This online collage of random photographs is open for public participation. The idea is to take objects of various colours out of their original context and place them together to create a new one. Random Got Beautiful (RGB), relies on a collaborative effort while also supporting self promotion. Click an image to take you to the extermal site of the person who provided that photo.

Weird! My friends and I contributed a few photos a few years ago when it started! It's really cool to see the collages grow, and see some of Nikki's work published in a trendy fashion mag!

Sooooooo I think you should all submit some weird photos I know you have!!

Modern Proverb by NF

1 comment:

Marina Goldshteyn said...

oh and i really hope you've read this.

http://www.missbehavemag.com/you-wanna-date-a-skater-really-really/