Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tony Alva & Jay Adams

I'm cleaning and I found this old business card to this dude, Jeff Black. Jeff Black used to play in a band with Tony Alva back in the day. He was also a DJ and is still a Graphic Designer. Anyways, Jenna and I met him when we were 17 because he works the Alva shop in Oceanside, and gave us good deals on Alva shirts. We also bullshitted with him for a long time cuz he saw me hit the curb with my car when I was trying to park. He told me it was too early to be drinking. I told him I was distracted by Jenna singing David Bowie. That day, Jenna and I drove the entire 101-HWY along the coast in SD and ate ice cream. And just to add, Jay Adams was always my favorite. So, after this recent trip to Florida I can't kick the notion of the OCEAN. I miss it badly. I'm listening to pseudo Sublime bands, and dreaming of when Jacob will shape me a new board, and maybe when I'll move back to socal or f-l. I can't wait to go to Hawaii, but I'm preparing for it to be different from when I was growing up. I can't wait for summer, screw spring. SUMMER. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ps I also found the business card to my hottie tattoo artist from Pacific Beach when I turned 18 woop!


ohh summers' past...

1 comment:

iamanadult said...

i miss you and love you and love summer just like you and mermaid hair

-kathleen