Thursday, December 1, 2011

A+R STORE

It's December 1st! Holiday shopping is starting, and I thought I'd share some of my favorites from my current place of work, the curated design store, A+R.  Chances are if you buy something online, I might be shipping it to you.

1. All the clever Pantone mugs (which now come in bone china!) I really want a Pantone ornament that are flooding hte internets, but alas they aren't available yet! A+R doesn't even have them yet!
2. Joseph and Joseph Double Dish. I got this for my cousin for her wedding last month. It's designed to store unsightly shells or pits of pistachios and olives underneath the top bowl! How clever.
3. Hay & Scholten & Baijings’ Tea Towels. Because they're pretty! 
 
4. Abel Partners Design Studio's Tea Diver! It's a loose leaf tea infuser modeled after korean deep sea diver suits! So cuuute!
5.  Bookman's LED Bicycle Light. Sleek LED design. 3 settings. Front is white, back is red.
6.  Balloon USB Speaker. (Only to up-sale the JAWBONE JAMBOX) But really, I think this one is perfect for camping, hiking, bike riding, or going to the beach. Simply portable music.
7. Maison Martin Margiela Snowglobe. This thing is wonderfully large, and simply designed by the infamous fashion designer Martin Margiela. 
8. Rob Brandt's Crinkle Cups. These have been around since the 70's. I got one back in college. 
10. Palomar's Crumpled City Map. Water proof and tear proof! Think of all the time you'll save not folding up a paper map neatly, just shove it in your pocket and carry on! (Comes in major cities worldwide)
11. JimmyJane's Pleasure Objects! There are more than just this one. Solution driven, thought-out design.
12. Bluelounge's Cabledrops and Cablebox. O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N. They both come in white and black, so that they can blend in and camouflage with your TV stand, desk, or room.
14. Ichendorf's Oil/Vinegar Carafe. Because they look so elegant, especially on the counter by the stove!
These are just a few of my favorites! I could go on and on for gifts for moms and dads, boyfriends or girlfriends, brothers and sisters, and the gamut! 

No comments: